This procedure involves tying off a vein before it joins a deep vein and removing the vein through small incisions. This is an outpatient procedure for most people an it is recommended as an alternative in patients who are not good candidate for minimally invasive treatment.
- After groin incision, great saphenous vein is exposed
- The surgeon performed high ligation of great saphenous vein
- Your surgeon will then thread a thin, flexible plastic wire into the vein and pull out
- If you have other damaged veins near the surface of your skin, the phlebectomy can be performed.
- The cuts are closed with stitches.
- You will wear bandages and compression stockings on your leg after the procedure.